What the brand says: The new primer plus matte lipsticks set a flawless base and evens out your lips for smooth application. Contains 30 highly pigmented shades that have rich and intense colour payoff. The lipsticks deliver a fine matte finish on your lips that lasts up to 12 hrs.
Packaging: The lipsticks come in a rose gold twist-up bullet form just like the lakme argan oil lipsticks and the previous version of 9-to-5 lipsticks.
Texture: The lipsticks are definitely matte but not drying kind of matte since they feel comfortable and have a subtle moisturizing-sheen on it after application.
Shade: There are a total of 30 shades in the range out of which 10 are swatched. Below is a summary on each:
- Scarlet Surge: This is a true red shade and will suit all skin tones!
- Blush Book: This is a baby pink shade which will suit fair to medium skin tones. Might look a bit frosty on darker or dusky skin tones.
- Rosy Mind: This is a pinkish-coraly-red shade, if that makes any sense! It is red too but not really a red since it has coral-pink undertones. Will go well with all skin tones except very dark skin tones.
- Brick Blush: This is a true brick red shade and will suit all skin tones.
- Crimson Cue: This is a peachy-red shade and will go well with all skin tones.
- Maple Map: This is a mauve nude shade which is my favorite from the range! Will suit all skin tones.
- Caramel Cut: This shade is quite similar to Maple Map but is a bit darker comparatively and will suit all skin tones.
- Fuchsia File: This is a pure neon fuchsia color which looks way too bright in the tube but is not as bright on the lips! Will suit fair to medium skin tones.
- Rosy Sunday: This is a deep mauve-pink rosy shade which will suit any and every occasion and outfit. This shade isn’t really neutral but will suit every skin tone beautifully.
- Plum Pick: This is a pure plum shade and is another favorite of mine. Will suit all skin tones.
Fragrance: These lipsticks have a characteristic sweet smell just like other lipsticks from this brand and I ‘hate’ it!
How I use and staying power:
To use, simply swipe the lipsticks on your lips and you are done! If you have chapped and dry lips, you may want to consider exfoliating beforehand or the lipsticks won’t glide on smoothly. Since the lipsticks claim to prime your lips as well, you may skip your lip primer if you use already.
The lipsticks are very much pigmented which I love! They glide on easy and smoothly on well-exfoliated lips and settle to a moisture-matte finish with subtle shine which looks great! The lipsticks feel very comfortable on the lips throughout the day without making your lips dry. The lighter shades fade away in like 3-4 hours if you have meals or snacks or they last 4-5 hours. Darker shades last 1-2 hours additionally. Staying power of the lipsticks is 6-7 hours if you do not eat or drink anything (the lipsticks fade from the center). Overall, the staying power definitely isn’t 12 hours- this is what I feel. Otherwise, the lipsticks are great!
- Pretty packaging
- Is matte yet feels comfortable on the lips
- 30 shades to choose from
- Glide on easily on exfoliated lips
- Easily available
- Lasts for 6-7 hours
- Well pigmented
- Won’t glide easily on chapped or dry lips
- I do not like the fragrance
- staying power isn’t 12 hours as claimed
PRICE: INR 480