Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse Matte Lip and Cheek Color. Lakme’s first lip and cheek colour comes in a mousse texture that’s weightless, giving a powdery matte finish to lips and a soft blush to your cheeks.
Packaging: The mousse lip and cheek colour comes in a standard tube packaging similar to the lip creams available in the markets. The tube is dusky rose in colour and screw-cap in metallic rose which is similar to the lakme 9 to 5 range. The applicator is flexible doe-foot shaped with pointed tip which moves a lot while application and is not stable which makes application a big tough. The tube is lightweight and travel friendly. One drawback of the packaging is that all the tubes look same irrespective of the shade and this can confuse you when you have to pick out one particular shade from the lot!
Texture: The mousse lip and cheek colour is like a whipped cream that blends well on the lips and cheeks and settles dry and matte.
Shade: There are a total of 10 shades and here is a summary on it:
- Tangerine Fluff: This is a very beautiful bright orange which has no other undertones and is a bit towards neon side.
- Pink Plush: This shade is a beautiful neon pink which I think should suit all skin tones.
- Blush Velvet: This is a nude-pink shade which looks really pretty on the lips and will go on all kinds of dresses.
- Burgundy Lush: This is a burnt maroon shade and does not really have a pink undertone like the usual burgundy shades.
- Cocoa Soft: This is a dark chocolate shade which i am not really a fan of since I like coral and pink shades more. This shade will definitely suit all skin types.
- Coffee Lite: This is a very light brown shade with lilac undertones. An unusual shade for me, but it does go well with my skin tone which is medium. Might look a bit frosty on darker skin tones and will look beautiful on fairer skin tones.
- Crimson Silk: This is a red shade which is not too bright or neon, a proper red.
- Fuchsia Sueude: This is a neon fuchsia shade which I love! Will g well with all skin tones.
- Plum Feather: This is a deep pink shade and looks really beautiful. Should suit all skin tones.
- Rose Touch: This is a light rose shade with purple undertones. A pretty shade for every day use.
The shades are very much pigmented and give an opaque finish in just one layer.
Fragrance: The mousse lip and cheek colour has a very sweet fragrance similar to other products in this range.
How I use and staying power: Make a thin line on the edge of your lips using the pointed tip of the applicator and fill in using the flat surface. The colour is pigmented so you will get an opaque and bright finish in just one layer. Though, you can apply a second layer for a deeper and darker shade. To apply on cheeks, simply dot a little product under the cheeks and blend it upwards.
Tangerine fluff is a very bright orange and when I used it on my cheeks it looked really bright. Orange lips and cheeks made me look like a joker so I cannot use this as a cheek stain. This is not the case with rest of the shades.
The lipstick settles into a dry-powdery texture which transfers but very minimal. The mousse stays literally all day long without fading, even after heavy meals. The mousse has a little golden sheen to it because it contains very fine and non-prominent golden shimmer to it. It can be removed easily with a proper makeup remover.
- Beautiful shade
- Amazing formula and Nice matte finish
- Glides on easily on the lips
- Settles as a dry stain on cheeks and will hence suit all skin types
- Very pigmented
- Stays on lips and cheeks all day long
- Not all shades can be used as a cheek stain
- May dry lips a bit
- to choose a particular shade, you need to read the shade name
PRICE: INR 575