What the brand says: Lakme 9 to 5 primer+ matte powder foundation has benefits of foundation, concealer and compact all in 1! It spreads easily to give an even buildable coverage that gives your skin a long lasting matte finish.
Packaging: The compact powder foundation comes in a pink case with shiny rose gold lid. When you open the compact you’ll find a secondary lid that keeps the cushion secure.
Texture: The powder is very fine and easy to apply and blend. Does not look cakey at all.
Shade: There are a total of 6 shades out of which I got 2 shades that should go well with Indian fair and medium skin tones.
Ivory Cream- This is a light cream shade with minimal yellow undertones. Great for fair to fair-medium skin tones.
Silky Golden- This is a golden cream shade with dominant yellow undertones. This shade is perfect for all medium to medium-dark skin tones.
Fragrance: The compact powders have a fresh mild sweet fragrance which I love.
How I use and staying power: I normally use compacts to set my base makeup on top of a foundation but just too test it, I tried using this on bare skin. Simply take a fluffy brush or the applicator provided to apply the compact powder foundation on skin.
Since the compact powder claims to work as a foundation, concealer and powder, let us see how this fared with each aspect in detail:
- Concealer- I have a lot of spots on face and recently I have been breaking out a lot. I always use a green concealer for my acne and MAC foundation very well hides the spots. This compact powder foundation worked no way in hiding even the lightest of spots, covering dark spots and acne you cannot even expect.
- Foundation- An ideal foundation should even out your skin tone and give you a flawless texture. This compact powder foundation does even out your skin tone but fails to hide any flaws on face.
- Powder- This product works well as a mattifying powder. It keeps your skin soft, less shiny and sets your foundation (if you use it on top of foundation) just what you expect from a powder.
Now talking about other things I observed, I tried the two shades simultaneously on each side on bare skin and I couldn’t make out the difference in shades on my skin. I have medium skin tone and I always prefer base products with dominant yellow undertones. Both the shades blended really well into my skin! Also, I do not have any dry patches on my skin but I do have healing-acne. I could not see any white crusty layer on top of those which depicts that the product does not make your skin dry. If you already have dry patches on skin, you might want to avoid this because it is after all a powder that can cling to dry patches on skin.
- Travel friendly
- Mirror & applicator provided
- Controls shine
- Blends really well
- Makes skin soft and silky without making it dry
- Pretty packaging
- Easily available
- A bit expensive considering it works like a regular powder!
- Does not cover spots and acne
- Cannot be used as a substitute for foundation and concealer!
PRICE: INR 600/-