What the brand says: These vibrant plus matte lip crayons by Masaba are a limited edition collection. The range contains 10 beautiful vivid and super versatile shades inspired by candies and sweets.
Packaging: The lipsticks come in a twist-up jumbo crayon packaging with funky and colorful print on it. Lipsticks are attractive and are travel friendly.
Texture: The lipsticks feel waxy while applying but settle into a moisturizing matte finish which I love. They do transfer but very minimal.
Shade: There are a total of 10 shades in the range, below is a summary on 5 shades (1 from each shade type)-
- Hot Pink Queen- This is a pretty deep bubble gum pink which is one of my favorites from the range. Will suit all skin tones except very dark skin tones.
- Caramel toffee- This is like a perfect nude shade with peach undertones. Yes! my another favorite from the range. Will suit all skin tones.
- Sugar-N-Spice- This is a deep red shade which looks beautiful and I love it! Will suit all skin tones.
- Smokey Red- This too is a red shade but on a coral side unlike Sugar-N-Spice.
- Hot Chocolate- This is a perfect brown with purple undertones. Never came across a shade like this, definitely a pretty shade.
Fragrance: I cannot relate to how these lipsticks smell (definitely not bad), but I am happy with the fact these don’t smell overly sweet like the usual lakme lipsticks.
How I use and staying power: To use, simply line your lips with the tip of crayon (tip wont last long though!) and then fill in. You are done!
The lipsticks initially feel waxy but once you are done with the application, they settle into a proper matte finish, but not a drying kind of matte. The lipsticks feel moisturizing and do transfer a bit, but the colour stays on lips all day long with minimal fading. If you eat heavy, the lipsticks might fade a bit but won’t go away entirely. Removal is easy to, simply take a makeup remover n cotton ball wipe it all off. Overall, the lipsticks are great that stay longer and give a good moisturizing-matte finish.
- Pretty packaging
- Do not smell weird like the usual lakme lipsticks
- Easy to apply and take off
- Long lasting
- Pretty shades
- Transfer a bit
- The tips won’t last long and you cannot even sharpen it!
PRICE: INR 750 each